Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a team-based health care delivery model which provides comprehensive and integrative medical care to patient and families. This model may allow better access to medical care, increase satisfaction with this care and improve patient health.
Our PCMH Care Coordinator is your in-office representative and primary contact for resource information and assistance with coordination of care.
Joan Lewis, RN, our Medical Home Care Coordinator, can be reached by calling our main number, 617-745-0050, or by using our secure patient portal. Joan is in the office Monday through Thursday. Please feel free to call or send a secure portal message with any questions you may have regarding this service.
Direct patient and family benefits from the PCMH model:
- Increased information, communication, and education
- Respect for patient and family values, preferences and expressed needs
- Emotional support and alleviation of fear and anxiety
- Coordination and integration of care that is tailored for the patient
- Increased satisfaction of care
- Ability to set goals, give and receive feedback and assistance in managing conditions
- Help lower medical costs
- Self-care management support
- Collaboration amongst providers to achieve enhanced quality of care
For more information about Patient Centered Medical Home, please contact our office or visit the NCQA website.