Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
June 8, 2020
We continue to take careful steps to ensure maximum safety for you, your families, and our team. We have always followed impeccable infection control practices and high levels of cleanliness which continue to remain a top priority for us during this time.
- All members of our team will wear masks in all areas of the office. Gloves will be worn during patient encounters. Gowns and other personal protective equipment may be worn for certain procedures and visits.
- All MVP team members will be self-monitoring temperatures, completing checklists and will not appear for work if feeling ill
- Exam rooms and equipment will be disinfected after every patient
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces (knobs, phones, etc) and common areas several times a day
- Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap will be available throughout the office for patient and team to use
- All patients will be pre-screened on the telephone when their appointments are confirmed. Any patient with a fever or other symptoms, or who have been exposed in the past two weeks to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Car visits may be offered to patients where this type of care is appropriate.
- Telehealth (Audio Visual) visits are available.
- Questions regarding insurance coverage, timing of follow up appointments, or other concerns will be answered on the telephone prior to the appointment, so as to minimize patients having to stop at the front desk.
- All patients will be asked to fill out the necessary paperwork prior to their scheduled appointment. Paperwork can be found on our website.
- All patients and their parent/guardian are asked to call from their cars when they arrive for their appointment. Please stay in your car until you are asked to come inside.
- We ask that only 1 parent/guardian accompany the child for their appointment. Exceptions may be made for newborns and children with special needs.
- All patients (age 2 years and older) and their parent/guardian MUST wear a mask unless medically
- All patients and their parent/guardian entering the building will be met in the lobby. At that time, the temperature of both the patient and their parent/guardian will be taken, and patient history will be reviewed. Any patient with a fever, or the history mentioned previously, will be rescheduled for a later date, without having entered the office.
- Follow up appointments will be scheduled by telephone
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe and healthy!
The MVP Team
At this time, we are not able to test for COVID-19 in the office. If you have questions about a potential exposure or testing please call us at 617-745-0050 or contact:
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Hotline at 617-724-7000 (staffed by Partners Healthcare medical providers) 8am-8pm, seven days a week
- Massachusetts State Epidemiology line at 617-983-6800